Monday, March 21, 2016

Blog 8

I believe the online classroom is the best technology advancement in education. Taking an online class can sometimes be easier for students versus having to go to an actual class. Especially if you're schedule is too full to physically attend a class. Online classes allow students to do their assignments, test, quizzes, papers etc at their own expense. The student can choose when he/she wants to work on the online class. Online classes are also great for students who like to get ahead in the material. Sometimes a student can even finish an online section ahead of time. Online classes are especially helpful today, since people are using the internet and computer device often. The online class allows a student to work at in their own pace. Most teachers will even upload power points or podcast the student can listen to in their own time. 


The digital divide, there are two different groups. Group A has an advantage because they have access to technology at home and at school. Therefore, they are familiar with using technology. They can do school work with ease and learn the material better. Group B however has had little or no usage with technology in education. The school they attend does not provide the students with technology, and the student does not have access to technology at home. I am on group A side, I grew up having access to technology at home and in school. My teachers always wanted our papers to be typed up on Microsoft word. I even had teacher who would ask the students to turn homework in online. I think the divide might not effect me much in the future, because technology is being used in the classrooms. Most young population do have some kind of access to a computer. If for some reason I am ever faced with a student who does not have access to technology. I will help the students out by giving them the option to use the school library, computer lab, or classroom computer. 

I really enjoyed working on the PowerPoint assignment. I like using PowerPoint! It's a tremendous learning/study tool in education. Everything looks organized and clear on PowerPoint. I have been using PP since my middle school days. PowerPoint helps me visually learn the material, while also giving me the chance to take down notes. I 100% plan to use PP in my future career as a teacher. I can teach my future students the chapter lesson, have study reviews, and even play educational games! 




No comments:

Post a Comment