Monday, February 22, 2016

Blog #6

I haven't been on my high school (Fort Walton Beach) website in years so I decided to take a look at it. I found out that the web site has in fact been updated since I was student at the school. A picture of the school is the first thing I noticed. The second thing was the title, "It's great to be viking."  The school is rated an A+ school. There are links at the top of the page such as; a home, current students, athletics, clubs and activities, school information, and a contact link. There are also a variety of other links on the right side of the page. One link I see is for students or parents to login to see grades. The web page has a slideshow of pictures and below there are videos one can click on to watch the video. If you scroll down you can see graphics and links to click on about up coming events, voting, registration, athletics, news letters, and so much more! To the right there is a column with even more links to pages you can look through. Two examples is see is the bell schedule and teacher webpages. The Website has no grammar or spelling errors, is neatly organized, well designed, and proudly shows off the school colors and mascot. The website is easy for students, teachers, and parents to navigate around it. 

 





I envision myself using technology to accomplish professional responsibilities in the future as well as right now in the present. I have always considered myself an organized person. Technology has helped me become even more organized. I can neatly organize my files on my computer desktop or USB drive. Being a well organized person is important because, it helps a person stay on track and remember to accomplish all of his/her responsibilities for that day. I believe that all teachers should acquire organization skills. If I had to chose one tech item as my favorite tech item, it would be my laptop. My laptop helps me finish all of my task efficiently. The laptop computer lets me do all of my school work on one device. My iPhone has my life on it as well. I can use my cellphone when I'm away from my laptop, but still have a list of things to finish. The iPhone carries many apps I use daily. Just to name a few I can check my email, bank account, calendar, to do list, schedule, alarm clock, and even use the GPS if I get lost. The next tech item I want to start using is an iPad. An iPad would come in handy for when I don't want to bring my laptop to class. The iPad can easily replace most of all of the function a laptop has. I without a doubt can see myself using smart boards, laptop computers, iPad, any technology given to the classroom when I become a teacher.


The web Evaluation Wiki gave me new skills. I learned what to look for when evaluating a website. For example, is the spelling on the webpage correct? As a teacher you need to make sure spelling and grammar is always proper when sharing websites or documents to students and parents. Teachers should also know what makes a web source a reliable source to use in the classroom. Teachers can use websites to help with their lesson plans, and students can use websites to help understand the subject better. Teachers and students can use websites that are recommended to them for school projects and assignments. My group used google drive to help us work together on making the wiki group page. I don't use google drive very often, but I think it's a great tool for saving and sharing files. I can see myself using it a lot more from now on. I will especially share with my classroom someday, when I assign group work.




.

No comments:

Post a Comment